Nonprofit Accounting: What is the cloud?
As a nonprofit organization, you’re already aware that financial management is a complicated task. If you’re struggling to keep up, there’s a highly effective, two-part solution worth considering: 1) outsourcing your accounting tasks and 2) utilizing the cloud to do that. But what is the cloud? And how can it benefit nonprofit organizations? Let’s break it down.
What is the cloud?
“The Cloud” is a metaphor that refers to a network of servers. Basically, it’s where software runs on the Internet rather than directly on your computer. You’re essentially storing and accessing your programs via the Internet instead of your computer’s hard drive.
What are cloud-based, outsourced accounting services?
Cloud technology provides access to expert accounting services via the Internet. It gives teams — both internal and outsourced — the ability to work closely together without having to leave the office. In our experience, once clients saw how easy and fast it is, many wish they had made the switch sooner.
Is it hard to get started with cloud accounting services?
If you work with us, there’s no need for you to determine which cloud-based software you should use for your nonprofit accounting. We’ve already done all the heavy lifting for you, as we keep close tabs on industry-leading technologies. At Qbix Accounting Solutions, we use only best-in-class cloud-based tools, such as Sage Intacct. What’s more, our team makes implementation a cinch. Even after we complete your setup, know that our work is not done. We’ll continue to train and answer your questions whenever you and your team need a hand.
How does cloud-based accounting benefit nonprofits?
There are several benefits beyond having a team of knowledgeable experts managing your accounting workflows. Consider these:
- Improved Access – Because the software is cloud based, you and your team can access your reports anytime, anyplace, and on any device.
- Improved Security – You can stop worrying about server or hard drive crashes at the office. Your data are backed by state-of-the-art systems and are kept highly secure in the cloud. (Yes, really.)
- Improved Productivity – Because you’re using one integrated system, you no longer have to perform a double entry on multiple programs, like a donor database and Salesforce, for example.
- Improved Cost Reduction – Cloud-based accounting costs are often more budget friendly when compared to the initial costs of an “in-house” system.
- Improved Confidence – You can stop wondering if a report or your crazy Excel spreadsheet has the latest data. You’ll have immediate, accurate, real-time reporting and fund-raising status updates available on the fly.
Have we piqued your interest? If so, let’s talk. We’re here for you and happy to help.
Non Profit Accounting Solutions
Qbix was formed in 2008 in Macon, Georgia, just south of Atlanta. Our goal is to provide the latest cloud accounting technology, while delivering real-time visibility into your nonprofit's financials 24/7. Numbers are our passion, but providing your nonprofit business with the financial expertise needed to facilitate growth and profitability is our top priority. And because no two organizations are the same, Qbix offers the flexibility you need to accomplish your nonprofit's goals.
500A Northside Crossing
Macon, Ga 31210
Let Us Prepare Your Form 990
Save time, money and stress. Let us prepare your Form 990. Schedule a consultation today.