Qbix is growing fast and looking hard for more great people to join us!
We’re Looking for a Senior Accountant.
Qbix’s best-in-class accounting firm is driving the best financial reporting in many small businesses and non-profits. We empower our customers with unsurpassed depth of reporting and real-time financial and operational insights. Qbix is a member of the AICPA and the GSCPA and provides our customers with advanced cloud based tools that are recommended by the AICPA’s outsourcing practice strategy.
At Qbix, we value the individuality, ingenuity, and originality each employee contributes. The talent and drive of our employees is a key to our continued success. Qbix is seeking top talent, motivated to help organizations achieve their business goals. Qbix looks forward to talking with you about being a part of our success.
“We’ve built a company culture at Qbix where everyone strives to do their best, and do it in an innovative way. That’s how we create the most value for our customers, and that’s what gets us most energized. It is incredibly gratifying to be a part of an organization where everyone is committed to the success of our customers, and our fellow workers.” – CL Davidson, CEO
Qbix provides an attractive package of benefits as compared to traditional firms
No Tax Season!
- Qbix provides a steady year round work environment
- In fact, we don’t even prepare tax returns or audits!
Safe Harbor 401k
which means your 401k is 100% vested when you receive your match.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for month-end close activities, reconciling general ledger accounts, and participating in special projects within our accounting teams.
- Manage completion and analysis of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ensure adequate documentation exists for all journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation’s, etc.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Managed cash, prepaids, fixed assets, and other monthly journal entries.
- Record and balance intercompany transactions
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports and analysis, timely and accurately.
- Monthly P&L and BS Analysis
- Review and approve monthly close controls including TB tie out, JE log reconciliation, close calendar finalization, etc.
- Review and maintain monthly services billing process.
- Prepare audit schedules external auditors as needed.
- Prepare tax schedules for Property Tax reporting, and handle tax requests.
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process efficiency improvements to improve operations and productivity.
- Escalate issues and recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Ad hoc technical accounting research
- Other responsibilities as assigned based on business need.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required
- 3+ years of experience as an Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with Public Auditing Experience Preferred
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts
- Must be able to think outside the box, work independently with general supervision, be a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require. Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Must demonstrate strong time management, written, and verbal communication skills.Strong attention to detail; excellent reconciliation skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks.
- Commitment to customer service with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, be able to work within tight deadlines, and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Advance usage of Excel such as pivot tables and data analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP functions, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail while maintaining big picture.