Qbix is growing fast and looking hard for more great people to join us!
We’re Looking for a Senior Accountant.
Are you an experienced accountant looking for a rewarding team role but are tired of the 60+ hour work weeks that often come along with an accounting position? Are you tech savvy and eager to embrace new ways of providing accounting services? If so, we may have just what you’re looking for!
In this highly impactful, hands-on role, you will utilize your client service management expertise and accounting knowledge to drive client delight.
Since 2008, we have been empowering nonprofits by taking bookkeeping and accounting support functions off their plates allowing them to focus on their core missions. Qbix’s experienced professionals use our cutting-edge cloud-based platform, virtual infrastructure and proven process to deliver a full suite of outsourced services, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, financial reporting and payroll administration. Qbix is a true CAS practice and we work closely with the AICPA on CAS issues.
Qbix currently has its office in Macon, Ga and is continuing to grow rapidly! Our clients span from Savannah, Ga to San Francisco, CA. This momentum has created exceptional opportunities for accountants who enjoy working in/managing teams and working closely with a variety of clients. Consider joining us for a rewarding accounting career that offers interesting professional challenges with optimal work-life balance. As we grow, new team leaders are integral to our continued success.
Why Work for Qbix Accounting Solutions?
- MEANINGFUL WORK/LIFE BALANCE – We have very little seasonality in our work. Therefore, we don’t have the 60 hour weeks that most accounting firms have in their peak seasons.
- LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY – Opportunity to advance your technical skills using the latest and most innovative cloud-based platforms.
- OUR FOCUS ON NONPROFITS will make you can feel good that your efforts are genuinely helping others by keeping our clients’ focus on their missions.
- Excellent benefits.
To learn more, go to our ad on Indeed!
Qbix provides an attractive package of benefits as compared to traditional firms
No Tax Season!
- Qbix provides a steady year round work environment
- In fact, we don’t even prepare tax returns or audits!
Safe Harbor 401k
which means your 401k is 100% vested when you receive your match.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for month-end close activities, reconciling general ledger accounts, and participating in special projects within our accounting teams.
- Manage completion and analysis of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ensure adequate documentation exists for all journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation’s, etc.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Managed cash, prepaids, fixed assets, and other monthly journal entries.
- Record and balance intercompany transactions
- Prepare a variety of financial statements, reports and analysis, timely and accurately.
- Monthly P&L and BS Analysis
- Review and approve monthly close controls including TB tie out, JE log reconciliation, close calendar finalization, etc.
- Review and maintain monthly services billing process.
- Prepare audit schedules external auditors as needed.
- Prepare tax schedules for Property Tax reporting, and handle tax requests.
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process efficiency improvements to improve operations and productivity.
- Escalate issues and recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Ad hoc technical accounting research
- Other responsibilities as assigned based on business need.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required
- 3+ years of experience as an Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with Public Auditing Experience Preferred
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts
- Must be able to think outside the box, work independently with general supervision, be a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require. Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Must demonstrate strong time management, written, and verbal communication skills.Strong attention to detail; excellent reconciliation skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks.
- Commitment to customer service with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, be able to work within tight deadlines, and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Advance usage of Excel such as pivot tables and data analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP functions, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail while maintaining big picture.